The following list of insects, vegetables and fruits are good choices to include in your bearded dragon’s diet: Dubia roaches, earthworms, crickets and superworms. Apples, blueberries, peaches, strawberries and watermelon. Cabbage, carrots, collard greens, kale, pumpkin and sweet potato.
- 1 What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
- 2 What vegetables can bearded dragons eat everyday?
- 3 What fruits and veggies are bad for bearded dragons?
- 4 What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
- 5 Will bearded dragons eat cucumbers?
- 6 Can Beardies eat blueberries?
- 7 What is the best fruit for bearded dragons?
- 8 Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
- 9 Can bearded dragons eat banana?
- 10 What is the best vegetable for bearded dragons?
- 11 What is toxic to bearded dragons?
- 12 Can bearded dragons have celery?
- 13 What kind of salad can I feed my bearded dragon?
- 14 Do bearded dragons eat lettuce?
- 15 Can bearded dragons eat apples?
What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
Offer your bearded dragon fruit Fruits should comprise the smallest portion of your beardie’s diet but do include them. He’ll happily munch on papayas, peeled bananas, apples, raspberries, plums, peaches, and pears. Dragons also like watermelon, pineapples, cherries, and grapes.
What vegetables can bearded dragons eat everyday?
Daily Staple Greens for Bearded Dragons:
- Cactus pad, or prickly pear (2.3 to 1). This desert delicacy is high in calcium and rich in antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- Collard greens (14.5 to 1).
- Dandelion leaves (2.8 to 1).
- Endive or escarole (1.9 to 1).
- Mustard greens (2.4 to 1).
- Turnip greens (4.5 to 1).
What fruits and veggies are bad for bearded dragons?
6 Foods to Avoid Feeding a Bearded Dragon
- Lettuce. Bearded dragons love lettuce, especially Bibb lettuces.
- Fireflies. Never, ever feed your bearded dragon fireflies.
- Avocados. Avocados should never be feed to a bearded dragon.
- Rhubarb. Avoid feeding your bearded dragon rhubarb.
- Beet Tops.
What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
Will bearded dragons eat cucumbers?
Bearded dragons can have cucumbers every other week or so. But there are several nutritional benefits from the right amount of cucumber: 96% water, making it a great source of hydration especially if your bearded dragon is dehydrated. Fiber, which prevents constipation.
Can Beardies eat blueberries?
Like strawberries, apples, and grapes, blueberries are one of the safer fruits for bearded dragons. In fact, although fruit should only play a small role in their diet, bearded dragons can have a few blueberries once a week.
What is the best fruit for bearded dragons?
The following fruits are good options to feed your bearded dragon:
Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
Bearded dragons can eat strawberries, but only in moderation (as is the case with all fruits in their diet). On the bright side, strawberries—like apples—are considered one of the safer fruits for dragons, meaning you don’t necessarily have to limit them to once a month.
Can bearded dragons eat banana?
Bananas have a large ratio of phosphorus to calcium (3:1), meaning the phosphorus outweighs the calcium enough to make bananas harmful to dragons in large quantities. So that’s why bearded dragons can eat bananas only in small doses once or twice a month.
What is the best vegetable for bearded dragons?
Acceptable vegetables that should represent a high percentage of the diet include collard greens, beet greens, mustard greens, broccoli, turnip greens, alfalfa hay or chow, bok choy, kale, parsley, Swiss chard, watercress, clover, red or green cabbage, savory, cilantro, kohlrabi, bell peppers, green beans, escarole,
What is toxic to bearded dragons?
There is a long list of wild plants that are poisonous for Bearded Dragons. Here are a few that are more common in the UK: bracken fern, buttercup, crocus, daffodil, holly, horse chestnut, ivy, oak and poppy. Basically, if you aren’t 100% sure it’s safe for your pet, don’t give it to them.
Can bearded dragons have celery?
What vegetables do bearded dragons eat? There are a handful of vegetables that are considered safe for your bearded dragon to eat including, bell peppers, cabbage, carrots, celery, kale, and asparagus. When feeding vegetables to your dragon, make sure they are chopped up.
What kind of salad can I feed my bearded dragon?
Some people like to feed their dragons spinach, kale, or lettuce. Lettuce – yes, even romaine – is essentially water in vegetable form, with no value except in giving your beardie diarrhea. If your dragon is severely dehydrated or constipated, lettuce may be a temporary addition to the salad bowl.
Do bearded dragons eat lettuce?
Lettuce is famous for being rich in water and low in calories while still offering vitamins and minerals. Despite its value and popularity in the human diet, lettuce is not the best vegetable for bearded dragons. Some varieties are less valuable for them than others.
Can bearded dragons eat apples?
Good news: bearded dragons can eat apples weekly! In fact, apples are one of the safer fruits for dragons to eat on a regular basis. It’s important to note, though, that beardies don’t need fruit every day.