- Place the fruit on a cutting board and lay the dragon fruit on its side.
- Use a sharp chef’s knife to cut the fruit in half lengthwise, starting from the top of the fruit down to the stem.
- Use a large spoon to scoop out the flesh.
- Cut the flesh into slices or cubes in the desired size.
- 1 When should I prune dragon fruit?
- 2 Should I trim my dragon fruit?
- 3 How do you take care of a dragon fruit plant?
- 4 How do you take care of a dragon fruit tree?
- 5 How often should dragon fruit be watered?
- 6 What month does dragon fruit bloom?
- 7 How long does it take for a dragon fruit tree to produce fruit?
When should I prune dragon fruit?
Most people prune the dragon fruits after they have set fruits. This is usually the fall season. Depending on where you are located, this can be November or May. Before flowering, if you notice some small shoots on the plants, prune them off.
Should I trim my dragon fruit?
If you are just starting out with Dragon Fruit, remember that they should not be pruned until they are at least one year old, and ideally not until they have had one good flowering and fruiting season.
How do you take care of a dragon fruit plant?
How to Care for a Dragon Fruit Plant
- Water. Dragon fruit need moist soil to mimic their subtropical environment, so be sure to keep the soil evenly moist and don’t let it dry out completely.
- Keep at temperature.
How do you take care of a dragon fruit tree?
Only water the plant when the top of the soil is dry to the touch, and do not allow the plant to sit in water. The soil needs to be moist, not soaked. Light Requirements – The base of the plant can see a little shade, but the tips of the plant require full sun to ensure that the plant blooms properly.
How often should dragon fruit be watered?
It’s also possible your dragon fruit won’t develop fruit because of a lack of moisture. Since it’s a cactus, many gardeners assume the pitaya doesn’t need much water. In fact, it likes its soil to be kept consistently moist and should be given about an inch (2.5 cm.) of water per week.
What month does dragon fruit bloom?
This unique jungle plant typically blooms from early summer through mid-autumn. Dragon fruit cactus is a night blooming plant and the flowers last only one evening.
How long does it take for a dragon fruit tree to produce fruit?
Plants can begin flowering in as little as six to eight months, although container-grown plants may take up to two years to bear fruit. The good news is that once the plant is mature, you could see four to six fruiting cycles a year from a plant that is capable of bearing fruit for 20 to 30 years.