Our food list tells you what fruit your Beardie can eat:
- 1 What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
- 2 What veggies can bearded dragons eat every day?
- 3 How often should I feed my bearded dragon fruit?
- 4 What bearded dragons eat naturally?
- 5 Can bearded dragons have apples?
- 6 Can bearded dragons have grapes?
- 7 Can bearded dragons have cucumbers?
- 8 Can bearded dragons eat blueberries?
- 9 Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
- 10 Can bearded dragons eat watermelon?
- 11 Can bearded dragons eat pineapple?
- 12 Can bearded dragons eat banana?
- 13 Can bearded dragons eat oranges?
- 14 Do bearded dragons eat fruit in the wild?
- 15 What should I not feed my bearded dragon?
What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
What veggies can bearded dragons eat every day?
Daily Staple Greens for Bearded Dragons:
- Cactus pad, or prickly pear (2.3 to 1). This desert delicacy is high in calcium and rich in antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- Collard greens (14.5 to 1).
- Dandelion leaves (2.8 to 1).
- Endive or escarole (1.9 to 1).
- Mustard greens (2.4 to 1).
- Turnip greens (4.5 to 1).
How often should I feed my bearded dragon fruit?
While bearded dragons don’t absolutely need to eat every day, you SHOULD feed them every day.
What bearded dragons eat naturally?
Diet. Bearded dragons are not picky eaters. With their strong jaws, they can clench and crush hard-shelled insects like beetles. As omnivores, they’ll also go for leaves, flowers, fruit, and the occasional small lizard or rodent.
Can bearded dragons have apples?
Can bearded dragons eat apples? Good news: bearded dragons can eat apples weekly! In fact, apples are one of the safer fruits for dragons to eat on a regular basis. Adult dragons should be eating roughly 20% insects and 80% plants, and only 10 to 20% of those plants should be fruit.
Can bearded dragons have grapes?
Bearded dragons can eat grapes as long as it’s not too often. In fact, since grape leaves are high in protein and calcium and low in phosphorus, they are more nutritious for dragons than the fruit itself. Pro Tip: To serve grape leaves, simply wash and chop them, then place them in your beardie’s food bowl.
Can bearded dragons have cucumbers?
Bearded dragons can have cucumbers every other week or so. But there are several nutritional benefits from the right amount of cucumber: 96% water, making it a great source of hydration especially if your bearded dragon is dehydrated. Fiber, which prevents constipation.
Can bearded dragons eat blueberries?
Like strawberries, apples, and grapes, blueberries are one of the safer fruits for bearded dragons. In fact, although fruit should only play a small role in their diet, bearded dragons can have a few blueberries once a week.
Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
Bearded dragons can eat strawberries, but only in moderation (as is the case with all fruits in their diet). On the bright side, strawberries—like apples—are considered one of the safer fruits for dragons, meaning you don’t necessarily have to limit them to once a month.
Can bearded dragons eat watermelon?
Can bearded dragons eat watermelon? Bearded dragons can eat watermelon rarely, as a treat. Watermelon in particular is not very nutrient dense for dragons, so it’s less beneficial than some other fruits that offer a little more substance.
Can bearded dragons eat pineapple?
Pineapple is an undeniably healthy and refreshing fruit for us people and our bearded dragons, although we can eat it on a daily basis while bearded dragons can safely eat pineapple once or twice a month.
Can bearded dragons eat banana?
Bananas have a large ratio of phosphorus to calcium (3:1), meaning the phosphorus outweighs the calcium enough to make bananas harmful to dragons in large quantities. So that’s why bearded dragons can eat bananas only in small doses once or twice a month.
Can bearded dragons eat oranges?
Despite their nutritional value, oranges—like all citrus fruits— can be pretty dangerous for bearded dragons. Here’s a deeper look at why: Oxalic acid. Oranges and other citrus fruits have quite a lot of oxalic acid.
Do bearded dragons eat fruit in the wild?
In the wild, beardies will forage for leafy greens and even flowers to eat. Your bearded dragon can also eat fruit. However, this should only make up a small portion of their diet. Fruit just doesn’t contain as many key nutrients as dark leafy greens.
What should I not feed my bearded dragon?
6 Foods to Avoid Feeding a Bearded Dragon
- Lettuce. Bearded dragons love lettuce, especially Bibb lettuces.
- Fireflies. Never, ever feed your bearded dragon fireflies.
- Avocados. Avocados should never be feed to a bearded dragon.
- Rhubarb. Avoid feeding your bearded dragon rhubarb.
- Beet Tops.