Our food list tells you what fruit your Beardie can eat:
- 1 What is a bearded dragons favorite fruit or vegetable?
- 2 What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
- 3 What veggies can bearded dragons eat every day?
- 4 What are bad foods for bearded dragons?
- 5 Can bearded dragons eat pineapple?
- 6 What makes bearded dragons happy?
- 7 Can bearded dragons have grapes?
- 8 Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
- 9 Can bearded dragons eat bananas?
- 10 Can bearded dragons eat radicchio?
- 11 Can bearded dragons eat blueberries?
- 12 What are staple foods for bearded dragons?
- 13 Can bearded dragons eat grass?
- 14 Can bearded dragons eat mango?
- 15 What do bearded dragons like to play with?
What is a bearded dragons favorite fruit or vegetable?
The following list of insects, vegetables and fruits are good choices to include in your bearded dragon’s diet: Dubia roaches, earthworms, crickets and superworms. Apples, blueberries, peaches, strawberries and watermelon. Cabbage, carrots, collard greens, kale, pumpkin and sweet potato.
What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
What veggies can bearded dragons eat every day?
Daily Staple Greens for Bearded Dragons:
- Cactus pad, or prickly pear (2.3 to 1). This desert delicacy is high in calcium and rich in antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- Collard greens (14.5 to 1).
- Dandelion leaves (2.8 to 1).
- Endive or escarole (1.9 to 1).
- Mustard greens (2.4 to 1).
- Turnip greens (4.5 to 1).
What are bad foods for bearded dragons?
6 Foods to Avoid Feeding a Bearded Dragon
- Lettuce. Bearded dragons love lettuce, especially Bibb lettuces.
- Fireflies. Never, ever feed your bearded dragon fireflies.
- Avocados. Avocados should never be feed to a bearded dragon.
- Rhubarb. Avoid feeding your bearded dragon rhubarb.
- Beet Tops.
Can bearded dragons eat pineapple?
Pineapple is an undeniably healthy and refreshing fruit for us people and our bearded dragons, although we can eat it on a daily basis while bearded dragons can safely eat pineapple once or twice a month.
What makes bearded dragons happy?
Sleeping, eating normally, basking and pooping are all important functions that make your bearded dragon healthy and happy. Most of a bearded dragon’s happiness comes from fulfilling its daily needs and having all comforts of living. As well being physically able to do all of them.
Can bearded dragons have grapes?
Bearded dragons can eat grapes as long as it’s not too often. In fact, since grape leaves are high in protein and calcium and low in phosphorus, they are more nutritious for dragons than the fruit itself. Pro Tip: To serve grape leaves, simply wash and chop them, then place them in your beardie’s food bowl.
Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
Bearded dragons can eat strawberries, but only in moderation (as is the case with all fruits in their diet). On the bright side, strawberries—like apples—are considered one of the safer fruits for dragons, meaning you don’t necessarily have to limit them to once a month.
Can bearded dragons eat bananas?
Bananas have a large ratio of phosphorus to calcium (3:1), meaning the phosphorus outweighs the calcium enough to make bananas harmful to dragons in large quantities. So that’s why bearded dragons can eat bananas only in small doses once or twice a month.
Can bearded dragons eat radicchio?
2 Other greens include: Endive (escarole) (has a 1.9:1 calcium to phos. ratio) Radicchio.
Can bearded dragons eat blueberries?
Like strawberries, apples, and grapes, blueberries are one of the safer fruits for bearded dragons. In fact, although fruit should only play a small role in their diet, bearded dragons can have a few blueberries once a week.
What are staple foods for bearded dragons?
- Collard Greens.
- Dandelion Greens.
- Mustard Greens.
- Turnip Greens.
Can bearded dragons eat grass?
With their diet comprised of around 80% insects, bearded dragons don’t need a lot of plant matter, including grass, to survive. Although bearded dragons can eat grass, it shouldn’t be fed willingly to them since it only offers excess calories and is notoriously difficult to digest.
Can bearded dragons eat mango?
Slice the mango into very small pieces to prevent choking. You can serve mango pieces alone or in a salad, maybe with some kale or strawberries—your bearded dragon will love eating mango either way!
What do bearded dragons like to play with?
Playing With Your Bearded Dragon
- Let him swim. Purchase a kiddie swimming pool or a fairly large storage bin.
- Enjoy a run in the grass. There’s nothing better than a run through the grass, especially for a bearded dragon.
- Watch TV or play on the computer together.
- Play ball.
- Take a ride.
- Snuggle with him.