The following list of insects, vegetables and fruits are good choices to include in your bearded dragon’s diet: Dubia roaches, earthworms, crickets and superworms. Apples, blueberries, peaches, strawberries and watermelon. Cabbage, carrots, collard greens, kale, pumpkin and sweet potato.
- 1 What fruits are good for bearded dragons?
- 2 What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
- 3 What Bearded dragons eat naturally?
- 4 What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
- 5 Can bearded dragons eat banana?
- 6 What is a bearded dragon’s favorite vegetable?
- 7 Can bearded dragons have apples?
- 8 Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
- 9 What fruits and vegetables can a bearded dragon eat?
- 10 What vegetables can I feed my bearded dragon daily?
- 11 Can bearded dragons eat grapes?
- 12 Can bearded dragons have cucumbers?
- 13 What do bearded dragons do all day?
- 14 What should I not feed my bearded dragon?
What fruits are good for bearded dragons?
Our food list tells you what fruit your Beardie can eat:
What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
What Bearded dragons eat naturally?
Diet. Bearded dragons are not picky eaters. With their strong jaws, they can clench and crush hard-shelled insects like beetles. As omnivores, they’ll also go for leaves, flowers, fruit, and the occasional small lizard or rodent.
What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
Offer your bearded dragon fruit Fruits should comprise the smallest portion of your beardie’s diet but do include them. He’ll happily munch on papayas, peeled bananas, apples, raspberries, plums, peaches, and pears. Dragons also like watermelon, pineapples, cherries, and grapes.
Can bearded dragons eat banana?
Bananas have a large ratio of phosphorus to calcium (3:1), meaning the phosphorus outweighs the calcium enough to make bananas harmful to dragons in large quantities. So that’s why bearded dragons can eat bananas only in small doses once or twice a month.
What is a bearded dragon’s favorite vegetable?
There are numerous plants, fruits and vegetables that are safe and healthy for bearded dragons to eat, but some favorites include squash, collard greens, bell peppers, mustard greens and seedless watermelon. Of course, it’s best to mix up your bearded dragon’s diet every once in a while.
Can bearded dragons have apples?
Can bearded dragons eat apples? Good news: bearded dragons can eat apples weekly! In fact, apples are one of the safer fruits for dragons to eat on a regular basis. Adult dragons should be eating roughly 20% insects and 80% plants, and only 10 to 20% of those plants should be fruit.
Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
Bearded dragons can eat strawberries, but only in moderation (as is the case with all fruits in their diet). On the bright side, strawberries—like apples—are considered one of the safer fruits for dragons, meaning you don’t necessarily have to limit them to once a month.
What fruits and vegetables can a bearded dragon eat?
The following list of insects, vegetables and fruits are good choices to include in your bearded dragon’s diet:
- Dubia roaches, earthworms, crickets and superworms.
- Apples, blueberries, peaches, strawberries and watermelon.
- Cabbage, carrots, collard greens, kale, pumpkin and sweet potato.
What vegetables can I feed my bearded dragon daily?
Daily Staple Greens for Bearded Dragons:
- Cactus pad, or prickly pear (2.3 to 1). This desert delicacy is high in calcium and rich in antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- Collard greens (14.5 to 1).
- Dandelion leaves (2.8 to 1).
- Endive or escarole (1.9 to 1).
- Mustard greens (2.4 to 1).
- Turnip greens (4.5 to 1).
Can bearded dragons eat grapes?
Bearded dragons can eat grapes as long as it’s not too often. In fact, since grape leaves are high in protein and calcium and low in phosphorus, they are more nutritious for dragons than the fruit itself. Pro Tip: To serve grape leaves, simply wash and chop them, then place them in your beardie’s food bowl.
Can bearded dragons have cucumbers?
Bearded dragons can have cucumbers every other week or so. But there are several nutritional benefits from the right amount of cucumber: 96% water, making it a great source of hydration especially if your bearded dragon is dehydrated. Fiber, which prevents constipation.
What do bearded dragons do all day?
Unlike lizards who are active at night, bearded dragons are awake during the day. They often like to climb branches and sit on logs to bask in the sun. As a result, they make great pets for people who want to interact with their pets during waking hours.
What should I not feed my bearded dragon?
6 Foods to Avoid Feeding a Bearded Dragon
- Lettuce. Bearded dragons love lettuce, especially Bibb lettuces.
- Fireflies. Never, ever feed your bearded dragon fireflies.
- Avocados. Avocados should never be feed to a bearded dragon.
- Rhubarb. Avoid feeding your bearded dragon rhubarb.
- Beet Tops.