The following list of insects, vegetables and fruits are good choices to include in your bearded dragon’s diet:
- Dubia roaches, earthworms, crickets and superworms.
- Apples, blueberries, peaches, strawberries and watermelon.
- Cabbage, carrots, collard greens, kale, pumpkin and sweet potato.
- 1 What veggies can bearded dragons eat every day?
- 2 What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
- 3 Can I feed my bearded dragon only fruits and vegetables?
- 4 What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
- 5 Can bearded dragons have cucumbers?
- 6 What is the best fruit for bearded dragons?
- 7 Can Beardies eat blueberries?
- 8 Can bearded dragons have celery?
- 9 Can bearded dragons eat banana?
- 10 Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
- 11 Do bearded dragons eat lettuce?
- 12 What do bearded dragons like to play with?
- 13 What is a bearded dragon’s favorite vegetable?
- 14 Can bearded dragons have apples?
- 15 Can bearded dragons have grapes?
What veggies can bearded dragons eat every day?
Daily Staple Greens for Bearded Dragons:
- Cactus pad, or prickly pear (2.3 to 1). This desert delicacy is high in calcium and rich in antioxidants, fiber, and Vitamin C.
- Collard greens (14.5 to 1).
- Dandelion leaves (2.8 to 1).
- Endive or escarole (1.9 to 1).
- Mustard greens (2.4 to 1).
- Turnip greens (4.5 to 1).
What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
Offer your bearded dragon fruit Fruits should comprise the smallest portion of your beardie’s diet but do include them. He’ll happily munch on papayas, peeled bananas, apples, raspberries, plums, peaches, and pears. Dragons also like watermelon, pineapples, cherries, and grapes.
Can I feed my bearded dragon only fruits and vegetables?
Bearded Dragons can eat a wide range of live food such as crickets, mealworms and kingworms; vegetables such as sweet potato and pepper and leafy greens such as kale and parsley. They can also eat limited amounts of fruit. Greens, vegetables and limited fruit make up the other 20% to 25% of their diet.
What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
Can bearded dragons have cucumbers?
Bearded dragons can have cucumbers every other week or so. But there are several nutritional benefits from the right amount of cucumber: 96% water, making it a great source of hydration especially if your bearded dragon is dehydrated. Fiber, which prevents constipation.
What is the best fruit for bearded dragons?
The following fruits are good options to feed your bearded dragon:
Can Beardies eat blueberries?
Like strawberries, apples, and grapes, blueberries are one of the safer fruits for bearded dragons. In fact, although fruit should only play a small role in their diet, bearded dragons can have a few blueberries once a week.
Can bearded dragons have celery?
What vegetables do bearded dragons eat? There are a handful of vegetables that are considered safe for your bearded dragon to eat including, bell peppers, cabbage, carrots, celery, kale, and asparagus. When feeding vegetables to your dragon, make sure they are chopped up.
Can bearded dragons eat banana?
Bananas have a large ratio of phosphorus to calcium (3:1), meaning the phosphorus outweighs the calcium enough to make bananas harmful to dragons in large quantities. So that’s why bearded dragons can eat bananas only in small doses once or twice a month.
Can bearded dragons have strawberries?
Bearded dragons can eat strawberries, but only in moderation (as is the case with all fruits in their diet). On the bright side, strawberries—like apples—are considered one of the safer fruits for dragons, meaning you don’t necessarily have to limit them to once a month.
Do bearded dragons eat lettuce?
Lettuce is famous for being rich in water and low in calories while still offering vitamins and minerals. Despite its value and popularity in the human diet, lettuce is not the best vegetable for bearded dragons. Some varieties are less valuable for them than others.
What do bearded dragons like to play with?
Playing With Your Bearded Dragon
- Let him swim. Purchase a kiddie swimming pool or a fairly large storage bin.
- Enjoy a run in the grass. There’s nothing better than a run through the grass, especially for a bearded dragon.
- Watch TV or play on the computer together.
- Play ball.
- Take a ride.
- Snuggle with him.
What is a bearded dragon’s favorite vegetable?
There are numerous plants, fruits and vegetables that are safe and healthy for bearded dragons to eat, but some favorites include squash, collard greens, bell peppers, mustard greens and seedless watermelon. Of course, it’s best to mix up your bearded dragon’s diet every once in a while.
Can bearded dragons have apples?
Can bearded dragons eat apples? Good news: bearded dragons can eat apples weekly! In fact, apples are one of the safer fruits for dragons to eat on a regular basis. Adult dragons should be eating roughly 20% insects and 80% plants, and only 10 to 20% of those plants should be fruit.
Can bearded dragons have grapes?
Bearded dragons can eat grapes as long as it’s not too often. In fact, since grape leaves are high in protein and calcium and low in phosphorus, they are more nutritious for dragons than the fruit itself. Pro Tip: To serve grape leaves, simply wash and chop them, then place them in your beardie’s food bowl.