Our food list tells you what fruit your Beardie can eat:
- 1 What do bearded dragons like to eat fruit?
- 2 What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
- 3 How do I get my bearded dragon to eat fruits and vegetables?
- 4 Can Beardies eat blueberries?
- 5 Will bearded dragons eat cucumbers?
- 6 Can bearded dragons eat banana?
- 7 What veggies can I feed my bearded dragon?
- 8 What should I not feed my bearded dragon?
- 9 What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
- 10 Can bearded dragons eat eggs?
- 11 Can bearded dragon lizards eat carrots?
- 12 What is the best thing to feed bearded dragons?
- 13 Why won’t my bearded dragon eat fruits and vegetables?
- 14 How long can a bearded dragon go without eating?
What do bearded dragons like to eat fruit?
The following fruits are good options to feed your bearded dragon:
What fruit can bearded dragons eat daily?
Offer your bearded dragon fruit Fruits should comprise the smallest portion of your beardie’s diet but do include them. He’ll happily munch on papayas, peeled bananas, apples, raspberries, plums, peaches, and pears. Dragons also like watermelon, pineapples, cherries, and grapes.
How do I get my bearded dragon to eat fruits and vegetables?
Here are a few tips to help train your bearded dragon to eat vegetables and fruits.
- Begin Offering Vegetables and Fruits At a Young Age.
- Offer More Fruits Mixed With Vegetables.
- Offer Treat Insects With The Vegetables.
- Use a Clip to Hang Leafy Vegetables.
- Training Takes Patience.
Can Beardies eat blueberries?
Like strawberries, apples, and grapes, blueberries are one of the safer fruits for bearded dragons. In fact, although fruit should only play a small role in their diet, bearded dragons can have a few blueberries once a week.
Will bearded dragons eat cucumbers?
Bearded dragons can have cucumbers every other week or so. But there are several nutritional benefits from the right amount of cucumber: 96% water, making it a great source of hydration especially if your bearded dragon is dehydrated. Fiber, which prevents constipation.
Can bearded dragons eat banana?
Bananas have a large ratio of phosphorus to calcium (3:1), meaning the phosphorus outweighs the calcium enough to make bananas harmful to dragons in large quantities. So that’s why bearded dragons can eat bananas only in small doses once or twice a month.
What veggies can I feed my bearded dragon?
Acceptable vegetables that should represent a high percentage of the diet include collard greens, beet greens, mustard greens, broccoli, turnip greens, alfalfa hay or chow, bok choy, kale, parsley, Swiss chard, watercress, clover, red or green cabbage, savory, cilantro, kohlrabi, bell peppers, green beans, escarole,
What should I not feed my bearded dragon?
6 Foods to Avoid Feeding a Bearded Dragon
- Lettuce. Bearded dragons love lettuce, especially Bibb lettuces.
- Fireflies. Never, ever feed your bearded dragon fireflies.
- Avocados. Avocados should never be feed to a bearded dragon.
- Rhubarb. Avoid feeding your bearded dragon rhubarb.
- Beet Tops.
What should a bearded dragon eat daily?
Protein: Bearded dragons enjoy live mealworms, waxworms and crickets that have been “gut loaded,” which means fed lizard-friendly vitamins and nutrients. Young beardies should eat once a day; adults may only need to dine every two days. If beardies don’t finish their entire meal, try feeding them less next time.
Can bearded dragons eat eggs?
The answer is yes! Bearded dragons can safely eat scrambled eggs. They can also eat hard boiled eggs. Adult bearded dragons should eat no more than half an egg at a time, max.
Can bearded dragon lizards eat carrots?
Bearded dragons can eat carrots once or twice a week, but not every day. Carrots aren’t on the menu in bearded dragons’ natural habitat (Australian deserts), but they do offer some great nutritional benefits: Vitamin A and beta carotene, which promote healthy skin, a healthy immune system, and good vision.
What is the best thing to feed bearded dragons?
Bearded Dragons can eat a wide range of live food such as crickets, mealworms and kingworms; vegetables such as sweet potato and pepper and leafy greens such as kale and parsley. They can also eat limited amounts of fruit. Greens, vegetables and limited fruit make up the other 20% to 25% of their diet.
Why won’t my bearded dragon eat fruits and vegetables?
If your bearded dragon won’t eat greens, there’s a good chance that you’re feeding him/her too many bugs. After all, hatchlings should be getting 60-80% of their diet as bugs, juveniles need 50-60%, but adults only need 20-30%. If your dragon isn’t eating bugs, then that’s a diet of 100% bugs! See the problem?
How long can a bearded dragon go without eating?
How Long Can A Bearded Dragon Live Without Eating? The answer to this question greatly depends on the age and health of your pet. For instance, adult beardies with extra weight to lose can go up to 2 months or longer without food, although this is far from optimal!