- 1 Where is pear installed?
- 2 How do I install a PEAR module?
- 3 How do I manually install a PEAR package?
- 4 How do I know if PEAR is installed?
- 5 How do I install PEAR Mail?
- 6 How do I get PEAR version?
- 7 How do I download pears?
- 8 What is PHP PEAR used for?
- 9 What is PECL and PEAR?
- 10 What is PEAR OS?
- 11 How do I know if PEAR is installed on Windows?
- 12 How do you install PECL extensions?
Where is pear installed?
Use curl as shown below to download the go-pear. phar file or just download the go-pear. phar file via your browser. You’re now ready to configure PEAR for installation. $ curl -O https://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar $ php -d detect_unicode=0 go-pear.phar
- So type 1, and then press Enter.
- Enter /usr/local/pear.
- Press Enter.
How do I install a PEAR module?
Install the desired PEAR package in one of the following ways:
- Search for a PEAR package.
- Click the Show Available Modules button.
- If you already know the name of the package that you want to install, type the package name under Install a PHP Extensions and Applications Package and then click Install Now.
How do I manually install a PEAR package?
Manually installing PHP PEAR Packages:
- Download the PEAR package from the internet, often this will be from pear.php.net.
- Upload the file to the home directory inside the php folder. If the php folder does not already exist in the home directory, simply create one.
- Extract the file (if needed).
- Follow the php.
How do I know if PEAR is installed?
Verifying the include path
- First, check where PEAR installs.php files: $ pear config-get php_dir. /usr/share/lib/php/ This directory will contain System. php.
- Now that this is done, try including a file. Create a new check_pear.php file with the following contents: require_once ‘System. php’;
How do I install PEAR Mail?
First run the XAMPP Control Panel and click on “Shell”:
- Type in the following code in the XAMPP Shell window: pear install -a Mail.
- Hit Enter to start the installation:
- The option -a has automatically installed all other required packages. The installation is done you can close the XAMPP for Windows shell.
How do I get PEAR version?
If you simply want to get to know the installed version of a package or see its description, issue an info command: $ pear info PEAR About pear.php.net/PEAR- 1.7.1.. more info follows..
How do I download pears?
Point your browser at http://pear.php.net/go-pear. Your browser displays the PHP source as plain text. Choose File Save As or File Save Page As (depending on your browser). Save the file as go-pear.
What is PHP PEAR used for?
As noted previously, PEAR is short for “PHP Extension and Application Repository.” The purpose of PEAR is to provide the following: A structured library of open-source code for PHP users. A system for code distribution and package maintenance. A standard style for code written in PHP.
What is PECL and PEAR?
PECL: PECL is a PHP expansion pack or in other words, a PHP Extension Community Library. PHP has borrowed PEAR from its section of regular expressions. It is the top extension of PHP whereas, on the other hand, PECL is the underlying extension of PHP. PEAR includes the official open-source class library for PHP.
What is PEAR OS?
Pear OS is a one man distribution and French developer David Tavares has done an excellent job on using Gnome to give a Mac OS as well as iOS looks. But this focus on looks has left so many bugs in the OS that it will frustrate you to the limits.
How do I know if PEAR is installed on Windows?
Open the file in your browser as http://localhost/check_php.php, to verify the include_path your web server is using. In every case, PEAR’s php_dir should be in the include path.
How do you install PECL extensions?
- Install the Developer Tools for your DV server.
- Log into your server with a root or sudo user via SSH.
- Create a temporary executable “/tmp” directory, as shown in steps 1-3 of this article.
- Perform a channel-update for PEAR and PECL: # pear channel-update pear.php.net # pecl channel-update pecl.php.net.