- 1 What is pear deck used for?
- 2 How is pear deck different from Google Slides?
- 3 What is pear deck for Google Slides?
- 4 How do you use Pear Deck in the classroom?
- 5 Do students like Pear Deck?
- 6 How do I power up my Pear Deck?
- 7 Are pear decks safe?
- 8 What is Socrative teacher?
- 9 Why is it called Pear Deck?
- 10 Can teachers see your work on Pear Deck?
- 11 How does Pear Deck work with Zoom?
- 12 Is Pear Deck owned by Google?
- 13 Where can I find Pear Deck with Google Slides?
What is pear deck used for?
Pear Deck is an interactive presentation tool used to actively engage students in individual and social learning. Teachers create presentations using their Google Drive account.
How is pear deck different from Google Slides?
You can make Pear Deck Slides within PowerPoint Online or Google Slides. But instead of simply presenting informational slides, Pear Deck makes your slides interactive so every student can respond to your questions or prompts right on their own screens.
What is pear deck for Google Slides?
Pear Deck is a free(basic account) add-on tool in Google Slides that can be used to create interactive and engaging presentations. The interactive feature of Pear Deck allows instructors to develop creative Google Slide presentations and assess their students’ understanding of the material in an informal environment.
How do you use Pear Deck in the classroom?
- Start your Pear Deck Lesson.
- Open the Dashboard View.
- In the Dashboard, click on the blue Roster button, located in the top right corner of the screen.
- In the Roster, click Invite Your Classroom.
- Choose the Google Classroom section you want to invite.
- As students join, their names light up.
Do students like Pear Deck?
Students are so engaged and eager to contribute to the lessons with the interactive features of Pear Deck. I love the ease of use for both students and teachers while using Pear Deck. Pear Deck is so wonderful but I wish it was Free for the premium features. I used the free version and was very pleased.
How do I power up my Pear Deck?
To use, simply install the Power-up from the Chrome Web Store on the device you use in class. Now when you present with Pear Deck, the Power-up magically enables the display of your videos, animations, and GIFs on the projector and student devices. For more information about Pear Deck, visit www.peardeck.com.
Are pear decks safe?
A safe and compliant platform We use industry standard security practices, such as SSL encryption, including software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. We use aggregated, anonymized and de-identified data to inform improvements to Pear Deck.
What is Socrative teacher?
Overview. Socrative is a cloud-based student response system developed in 2010 by Boston-based graduate school students. It allows teachers to create simple quizzes that students can take quickly on laptops – or, more often, via classroom tablet computers or their own smartphones.
Why is it called Pear Deck?
The company’s fruity name, she adds, is a pun on the “pair” part of “think-pair-share,” a collaborative activity commonly used by teachers in the classroom. Along with classroom experience, Pear Deck’s team can also boast about their entrepreneurial chops.
Can teachers see your work on Pear Deck?
Overview. Each Pear Deck Session has three Views: the Projector View, the Student View (which students enter when they join your Session), and the private Teacher Dashboard View. The Dashboard shows students’ names next to their responses and helps you review and evaluate their work.
How does Pear Deck work with Zoom?
Start a video call with a service like Zoom, for example. In your video call, click Share or Share your screen. Select the screen with the Pear Deck Projector View to share through your video call. Ask students to join the call.
Is Pear Deck owned by Google?
Iowa City-based company Pear Deck announced last week that it has been acquired by GoGuardian, an education technology company based in Los Angeles, California.
Where can I find Pear Deck with Google Slides?
9. Now teachers can open the Pear Deck sidebar in Google Slides. They just open a Google Slides presentation, and go to Add-ons > Pear Deck > Open Pear Deck Add-on. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for Pear Deck to appear in every user’s Google Slides menu.