- 1 How do I add a pear deck to an existing presentation?
- 2 How is Pear Deck different from Google Slides?
- 3 Can you use Pear Deck without Google Slides?
- 4 Can you edit Pear Deck while presenting?
- 5 How do students access Pear Deck?
- 6 How do I show student responses in Pear Deck?
- 7 How do you use a Pear Deck for remote learning?
- 8 What is a Pear Deck slide?
- 9 Do students need Pear Deck extension?
- 10 How do you edit a Pear Deck slide?
- 11 How do I add extensions to Pear Deck?
How do I add a pear deck to an existing presentation?
Open any slides presentation. Open the Pear Deck Sidebar. In Google Slides, click Add-ons > Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on > Open Pear Deck Add -on (if you don’t have it yet, click Get add-ons to install).
How is Pear Deck different from Google Slides?
Overview. You can make Pear Deck Slides within PowerPoint Online or Google Slides. But instead of simply presenting informational slides, Pear Deck makes your slides interactive so every student can respond to your questions or prompts right on their own screens.
Can you use Pear Deck without Google Slides?
We’ve just launched a feature that allows you to invite participants to join a Pear Deck presentation without requiring a Google or Microsoft email account! Now you can decide if you want students to login with their email addresses or join anonymously.
Can you edit Pear Deck while presenting?
You can open it, edit it, and present it as much as you like. Each time your present the Deck or List and collect responses, this information is automatically saved as its own Session, which you can review later in your Sessions menu. Here are the ways to present a file again: Present again from Pear Deck Home.
How do students access Pear Deck?
To join the presentation, your students: Go to joinpd.com. Enter the five-letter Join Code from your Session at joinpd.com. Alternatively, you can post or email the Session link that you get when you click Give Students a Link (see step #1 above) and students can simply click on it to join your Session.
How do I show student responses in Pear Deck?
Show responses anonymously on the Projector View
- Start a new Pear Deck Lesson, or reopen a previous one from your Sessions menu. If you start a new lesson, choose Instructor Paced automatically open the Projector View.
- Hover over the bottom of the slide. The Navigation bar appears.
- Click the Show Responses button.
How do you use a Pear Deck for remote learning?
- Start a new Pear Deck presentation or reopen a previous one from your Sessions menu.
- Start a video call with a service like Zoom, for example.
- In your video call, click Share or Share your screen.
- Ask students to join the call.
What is a Pear Deck slide?
Pear Deck is an interactive presentation tool used to actively engage students in individual and social learning. Teachers create presentations using their Google Drive account. Pear Deck combines slide presentations with interactive questions.
Do students need Pear Deck extension?
Students/participants do not need to create a Pear Deck account. But presenters can require participants to join the Session with an email address or have them join anonymously before presenting.
How do you edit a Pear Deck slide?
Here’s how to edit a slide: Open Google Slides or PowerPoint Online. Use the editing tools to add a question, prompt, graph, image, etc. to the main body of the slide. Students will see everything you put on it.
How do I add extensions to Pear Deck?
9. Now teachers can open the Pear Deck sidebar in Google Slides. They just open a Google Slides presentation, and go to Add-ons > Pear Deck > Open Pear Deck Add-on. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for Pear Deck to appear in every user’s Google Slides menu.