Pear Deck is an add-on to Google Slides (also available in PowerPoint). Pear Deck allows you to make your presentations engaging for students by adding interactivity. Add formative assessments and interactive questions to your presentations right from Google Slides.
- 1 Why would you want to use Pear Deck for Google Slides?
- 2 What does Pear Deck do?
- 3 How do students use pear decks?
- 4 How do I add a Pear Deck to Google Slides?
- 5 How do you write on a Pear Deck slide?
- 6 Do students need Pear Deck extension?
- 7 Why is it called pear deck?
- 8 What is pear deck add-on?
- 9 Is Pear deck owned by Google?
Why would you want to use Pear Deck for Google Slides?
But instead of simply presenting informational slides, Pear Deck makes your slides interactive so every student can respond to your questions or prompts right on their own screens. Pear Deck Slides help you engage every student in every seat and give formative assessments, no matter what grade or subject you teach.
What does Pear Deck do?
Pear Deck is an interactive presentation tool used to actively engage students in individual and social learning. Teachers create presentations using their Google Drive account.
How do students use pear decks?
Turn on Email Login so Students Join with an Email Address
- Go to Pear Deck Home.
- Click on your person icon.
- Click My Account.
- Click Settings.
- Go to the Require Student Logins section. Click ON. Then, choose the account type you want students to use to join your Sessions.
How do I add a Pear Deck to Google Slides?
Install Pear Deck in all users’ accounts
- Open the Google Admin Console.
- Select Apps.
- Select Google Workspace Marketplace apps.
- Select Add app to Domain Install List.
- In the Google Workspace Marketplace, search for and select Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on.
- Select Domain Install.
How do you write on a Pear Deck slide?
Open the Pear Deck for Google Slides Add-on or PowerPoint Online Add-in. In the sidebar, scroll down to the Ask Students a Question section. Click on the Text option. That’s it!
Do students need Pear Deck extension?
Students/participants do not need to create a Pear Deck account. But presenters can require participants to join the Session with an email address or have them join anonymously before presenting.
Why is it called pear deck?
The company’s fruity name, she adds, is a pun on the “pair” part of “think-pair-share,” a collaborative activity commonly used by teachers in the classroom. Along with classroom experience, Pear Deck’s team can also boast about their entrepreneurial chops.
What is pear deck add-on?
With the Pear Deck Add-on, you can leave audio instructions, descriptions, or examples for your students to hear while they read the prompts and respond to Interactive Questions in your Pear Deck Slides presentations. Make a new recording instantly or upload one from your computer.
Is Pear deck owned by Google?
Iowa City-based company Pear Deck announced last week that it has been acquired by GoGuardian, an education technology company based in Los Angeles, California.